Scammers claiming to represent Alliant Energy are active in our service area and are calling commercial and residential customers. They threaten to disconnect utility service if the customer doesn’t immediately buy a prepaid credit card to make a payment.
If you receive a call like this:
- STOP: Scammers are counting on people being too alarmed to verify their account status. Do not give in to high pressure call tactics! Hang up the phone.
- THINK: Chances are you do not owe the amount the scammers claim. You know your account status best. Think about whether the scammer’s claim about your account sounds true.
- CALL: Call us to verify your actual account status. If you have a remaining balance, we can tell you the amount and when it is due. Let us put your mind at ease.
1-800-ALLIANT (800-255-4268) – Customer Service
1-866-ALLIANT (866-255-4268) – Business Resource Center (press 2 twice)
We do not ask customers to pay with prepaid cards. We use secure payment processes.
- Beware that scammers can spoof caller-ID displays, which means they can mask the call’s true origin and make it appear as if the call is coming from us.
- Do not provide your Social Security number, credit card numbers or bank account information to anyone who requests that information during an unsolicited phone call or an unannounced visit.