We know our customers and our media partners want more detailed information about outages, like the cause and when power will be restored. And our new map delivers!
“We know our customers want more information about outages, like the cause and when power will be restored. You will notice a significant upgrade to our interactive outage map,” said Tim Heinrich, Director of Customer Experience and Engagement.
- Detailed information: Estimated restoration time, number of customers out, crew status and cause.
- View your way: You can view outages by ZIP code or county in a table or on the map.
- Weather overlay: View the weather in your neighborhood or across our service area and see how it is impacting outages.
- Up-close views: When viewing an outage, you can zoom in to within 500 feet of an outage, like a neighborhood.
- Bookmarks for convenience: You can bookmark your location, or multiple locations, on the map to quickly see if there’s an outage in the area.
The map is located at alliantenergy.com/outage and will be user-friendly on all mobile devices.
We also have a new website coming this summer. You will be able to find what you’re looking for faster – all the most important information will be front and center.